FORD has confirmed that it will be bringing a limited edition of its Focus RS hot hatch to Australia.
A batch of 500 Focus RS Limited Edition models will arrive here in November wearing a $56,990 price tag; $6000 more than the Focus RS.
The extra bucks bring:
- Quaife limited-slip front differential
- Performance Wheel Pack including 19-inch forged alloy wheels with 253/35R19 Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 tyres (valued at $3500).
- Active City Stop (Autonomous Emergency Braking)
- Recaro shell seats with exclusive Nitrous Blue leather application
- Nitrous prestige paint
- Rear hatch-mounted spoiler, mirror caps, and roof finished in Absolute Black
- Privacy glass
Performance figures will be the same, via its 257kW 2.3-litre turbo four and six-speed manual gearbox, but Ford reckons the UK-designed Quaife diff, which relies on gears rather than clutches to produce a smoother operation that prevents harsh locking, will allow drivers to harness more of its power.
“Improving on the thrilling driving dynamics of the Focus RS is no small task,” said Ford Performance Chief Engineer, Jamal Hameedi.
“But our Ford Performance engineers have delivered a drivetrain capable of wringing every drop of performance from the engine.”
The Focus RS Limited Edition is a last hurrah for the current model and its arrival coincides with all-new highly anticipated hot-hatch offerings in the form of the Hyundai i30N, Honda Civic Type-R, Renault Megane RS, and the updated Volkswagen Golf GTI and R models.