TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. Entry is only open to Australian residents who have registered recently for the Wheel Archive, aged 18 years and over and who are invited to take part in the Wheels survey within the promotional period. If the entrant is under the age of 18 years, the entrant must have prior parental or legal guardian consent to enter. Employees of the Promoter and their immediate families and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter.
3. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right to disqualify any entrant for tampering with the entry process or for submitting an entry which is not in accordance with these Conditions of Entry. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
4. The entire Promotion commenced on 8th February 2016 at 00:01am (AEDST) and will close at 11.59pm (AEST) on 2nd October 2016. The individual entry period will open at 12:01am (AEST) on the 16th of June 2016 and will close on 17th July 2016 at 23:59pm (AEST/AEDST when applicable). The draw will take place on the 22nd July 2016 at 11:00am (AEST) at Bauer Trader Media, 73 Atherton Road, Oakleigh VIC 3166. The winners will be notified by e-mail using contact details provided in their survey. The winner’s names will also be published on www.the-engine-room.com.au on the 26th July 2016. For the removal of doubt the last draw date will be 7TH October 2016 and the last publishing date will be 13th October 2016.
5. For the removal of doubt, there will be multiple surveys sent out during the entire promotional period. Each survey must be completed by 23:59pm (AEST) on the closing date stipulated in clause 4.
6. To enter, individuals must fully complete the “The Wheels Archive Panel Survey” to which they have been invited, within each individual promotional Period (as stipulated in table A). The survey must be fully completed and individuals must fill in the entry form including their full name, address, email address and must submit the complete survey/entry online at the address mentioned on the survey as instructed.
7. One (1) entry permitted per person per survey per individual promotional period. Each fully completed survey equals one (1) entry into the draw.
8. For the removal of doubt, an invalid entry consisting of a completed survey, may still be included for research purposes only.
9. Incomplete, indecipherable, or illegible entries will be deemed invalid. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
10. The first (1) five (5) valid entries drawn from all valid entries received during the entire promotional period will be deemed the major prize winner and will win:
One (1) x Wheels thirteen (13) issue print magazine subscriptions valued at $123.50 each.
Total prize pool for the individual entry period is valued at up to $617.50 (Including GST). Prizes do not include any ancillary costs associate with redeeming the prize. These costs are the responsibility of the winners.
11. Prize value based on retail cover prize of $9.50 per issue.
12. The first issue of the prize may take up to five (5) weeks to be delivered.
13. For the removal of doubt, a thirteen (13) issue subscription includes monthly deliveries over thirteen (13) months for 13 consecutive months.
14. Prize must be taken as offered. The prize, or any unused portion of the prize, is not exchangeable or cannot be redeemed as cash. The prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other special offer. The prize is valued in Australian dollars. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the prize value. Prize winner is advised that tax implications may arise from their prize winnings and they should seek independent financial advice prior to acceptance of their prize.
15. In the event that a portion of the prize is awarded to the winner in the form of a voucher / ticket / pass/ letter, redemption of that portion of the prize will be subject to the terms and conditions stipulated on the voucher / ticket / pass/ letter. The Promoter will not be liable for any voucher / ticket / pass/ letter that has been lost, stolen, forged, damaged or tampered with in any way. Redemption of prize (including but not limited to voucher prizes) is subject to the standard rules and regulations of that prize supplier.
16. Products included in prize package (including but not limited to titles, colour, design, sizing, model, finish, style etc) will be determined by the promoter in its complete discretion. All prizes must be taken as offered.
17. The prize will be delivered to the nominated address of the Prize winner. Delivery of the Prize is valid to any state and/or city in Australia.
18. In the event the prize is a gift card or vouchers – the prize is valid for six (6) months from the date of issue. Redemption of the voucher prizes are subject to the terms and conditions stipulated on the voucher. The Promoter will not be liable for any voucher that has been lost, stolen, forged, damaged or tampered with in any way. Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming a voucher are not included. Any unused balance of the voucher will not be awarded as cash.
19. If the winner is under the age of 18 years, the prize will be awarded to the winner’s parent or legal guardian on behalf of the winner. It is the responsibility of the winner’s parent/legal guardian to prove their parental status/ legal guardianship at the time of winner notification. In the event that for any reason whatsoever a person/s mistakenly represents themselves to be a winners parent and/or legal guardian, then that person will be liable for all costs associated with relocating and/or re-awarding the prize (including but not limited to and administrative fees incurred by the Promoter). Where relevant, the Promoter is only responsible for ensuring that the prize is awarded to a person who is either a parent or legal guardian of the winner. The Promoter is not responsible for determining any other delivery details or taking direction that relates to any ongoing family law negotiations and/or determinations. These are the responsibility of the winner and their respective parent/s and/or legal guardian/s.
20. The prize does not include any installation or set-up of any of the products.
21. In acceptance of the prize, the Winner acknowledges that they may incur ongoing costs associated with the prize which are the entire responsibility of the winner.
22. Prize is subject to the standard terms and conditions of individual prize and service providers.
23. In the event that for any reason whatsoever the Winner does not take the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize will be forfeited by the Winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of the prize.
24. In the event that a prize, or part of a prize, is unavailable, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize or part of the prize in its discretion with an alternative prize or part of the prize to the same and equal recommended retail value and/or specification subject to any written directions from the various Lottery Departments.
25. The promoter is neither responsible nor liable for any late lost or misdirected mail (including but not limited to prizes).
26. The Promoter is not responsible nor liable for any prize damaged in transit in the delivery of their prize
27. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster (including but not limited to natural disaster)the Promoter reserves the right to subject to reference to all relevant state and territory rules and regulations, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion.
28. If a medical circumstance in some way restricts your ability to enter the competition through the required mechanic, you are still eligible to enter however you must briefly state your circumstances upon entry.
29. If your entry is selected as a winning entry, validation of your circumstances/ the validity of your entry will be undertaken by the Promoter. Method of validation (without limitation) will be determined by the Promoter in its complete discretion. If the winning entry is deemed to be a winner, the winner will be notified as per the terms and conditions herein. In the event that the Promoter requests the entrant to sign any legal documents relating to the verification of their medical circumstance, the legal documents will take the form determined by the Promoter. It is a condition of accepting the prize the winner sign any such legal documentation.
30. If necessary, an unclaimed prize draw will be held on 9th December 2016 at the same time and place as the original draws in order to distribute any unclaimed. Any winner from this draw will be notified by email and their name will be published on www.the-engine-room.com.au on the 13th December 2016.
31. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
32. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
33. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of the prize.
34. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
36. The Promoter is Bauer Media Pty Ltd (ABN 18 053 273 546) of 54 – 58 Park Street, Sydney, NSW 2000. Phone: 02 9282 8000. Trading as – Bauer Trader Media.
37. Authorised under permit numbers: NSW:LTPM/16/00088
38. For the purposes of NSW department the total prize pool for this entire promotional period will not exceed $100,000 and each individual prize pool will not exceed $1000.